Commission by Birkbeck University, Goldsmith’s University, and Birkbeck Institute for the Moving Image (12 May 2018) RAW: Cannibalism, Feminism, Philosophy & (post-)Psychoanalysis Symposium
Chelsea College of Art, London (8 March 2018) Subjectivities and Feminisms Research Group, Time’s Up: A Celebration of Women’s Day, Cabaret “Refusing to Play”
Lewisham Arthouse Project Space, (13 – 14 September 2017) Creative Unions: Free Movement of Culture: Paradox Fine Art, Initiative by Central St Martin’s College of Art and Design, an art-writing collaborative performance artwork between Catherine Maffioletti and Elzbietta Buslowska
Bios (arts space), Athens, Greece (2015) Subjectivities & Feminisms Research Group, Performance Dinners No.8: The Bankorgs
Philadelphia Association, London (2015), 50 years – A Celebration of R.D.Laing, Do You Love Me? Performance, music and readings
Banqueting Hall, Chelsea, London (2015). The Gender & Sexuality Forum and Subjectivities & Feminisms Research Group, Performance Dinner No. 7: Charming for the Revolution: A Gaga Manifesto
Shonibare Studio, London (2013) Guest Projects. The Artists Dining Room; Louise Bourgeois Super Club
Chelsea College of Art & Design, London, (2013) Subjectivities & Feminisms Research Group, Performance Dinner No. 5: Woman as Image, Man as bearer of the look
Kings ARI Gallery, Melbourne – Australia (2012) Stomper, Flash Nights Showcase
The Hackney Cut, London (2012) Salon du The, Shift
Chelsea College of Art and Design, London (2012) Subjectivity and Feminisms Research Group, Performance Dinner No. 3: The Impenetrable Power of the Phallic Matron
Shoreditch Town hall, London (2011) Basement Gallery, Stomper, Whistling in the Dark
Camden Arts Centre, London (2010) Eva Hesses's Studio Work, Visual Thinking 01: A collaboration between Kate Davis and the Subjectivities & Feminisms research group
Islington Metal Works, London (2010) Act Art 8, Censored
Barbican Art Gallery, London (2010) The Surreal House Exhibition, Erotic
Hanbury Hall, London (2010) Condensation
Rag Factory, London (2009) Kiss Me, Miss Me, 15 Minute Factory
Triangle Gallery, London (2009) Uncharted Stories
Outside World Gallery, London (2009) Saludos Amigos
Chelsea College of Art and Design, London (2009) Subjectivity and Feminisms Research Group, Performance Dinner No. 2: S.C.U.M. Manifesto
Torture Garden, seOne nightclub, London (2008)
Chelsea College of Art and Design, London (2008) Subjectivity and Feminisms Research Group, Performance Dinner No. 1: The Second Sex
Triangle Gallery, London (2007) Future Reflections Research Group, Future Reflections: Exhibition-Conference-Publication.Curation of events
Nancy Victor Gallery, London (2006) Girls and Guy-nees (Solo Exhibition)
Atkinson Gallery, Sommerset (2005) M.A. and Postgraduate Contemporary Art Exhibition 2005
Augustine Dufrasne Gallery, Brussels (2005) Delphine Jenicot & Catherine Maffioletti
The Arts Gallery, London (2004) Future Map
49e Salon de Montrouge, Paris (2004) Salon Europeen des Jeunes Creatures
Associate Lecturer: BA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Art, University of the Arts London, November 2015 – Present
· 1:1 and 2:1 practice and theory-led tutorials with 2nd year students on contemporary arts practices, concepts, theories, and philosophies.
· 2nd year group critiques of students’ artworks concerning peer review of work through a contemporary fine art lens.
· Assessment of 2nd year essays.
· 3rd year dissertation tutorials and assessment.
· Lectures for BA students.
Research Fellow (0.6), Ravensbourne University London, 2015 – Present
· Researcher in Interreg: North-West Europe European Union project Empowering Youth through Entrepreneurial Skills to develop NEETs confidence and prospects and to enhance the process of coaching NEETs through the development of a digital tool to grow the labour market in North-West Europe (starting July 2018).
· Research on hysteria, psychoanalytic theories and performance art.
· Development of the Research Office for TDAP (Taught Degree Awarding Powers) assessment for which I and the Head of Research were highly commended in the 2017 assessment by the TDAP committee.
· Development of internal and external applications for research funding.
· Supporting early career and established researchers, and burgeoning staff research through 1:1 mentoring.
· Staff research training and development: designing, developing and coordinating staff research seminars and workshops.
· Supporting staff research projects in preparation for the REF and coordinating the research outputs for submission.
· Organising research conferences and events.
· Attending research events and networking.
· Acquisition of free initiatives: University-wide Samsung R&D augmented reality workshops for staff and students, YKK workshops for Fashion Accessories students, and features for staff in Design Exchange magazine.
· Development of research documents, articles and procedures.
· Secretariat for Research and Ethics Committees.
· Supporting the Head of Research, Dr Nick Lambert.
· Management of the Research Administrator.
MA and MSc Lecturer and Tutor (part of 0.6 Research Fellow post) Ravensbourne University London, June 2013 – Present
· co-lecturing and lecturing independently on the ‘Research Process Unit’ (1 of 5 Units on the programme) for postgraduate students from different design orientated disciplines (e.g. 3D Stereoscopic Design, Applied Technologies: Rapid prototyping, Interactive Product Design, Fashion, etc.).
· co-delivery of material on philosophy, contemporary media, art and design theories and practices, qualitative and quantitative methods and practice-based research processes. Developing postgraduate students’ interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects to prepare them in the long-term for academia and industry.
· Development of ‘Research Process Unit’ curriculum, design, delivery and lesson planning.
· Group critiques of projects.
· 1:1 Dissertation tutorials.
· Assessment (1st, 2nd marking and moderation) of assignments: essays and practice-based Masters dissertations.
· Leading sessions by using a variety of teaching and learning processes to foster collaborative research and peer learning, e.g.: material from Moodle, online blogs, group and individual presentations, discussion groups, seminars and Q&A sessions.
· Assisting postgraduate trips.
Ph.D. part-time (Practice-based Art Research) 2006-2013, Chelsea College of Art and Design
PhD Thesis Title: Beyond the Mirror: towards a feminised (cartographic) process of spatiality in moving-image and installation based art. http://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/6107/1/C.Maffioletti_PhD_Thesis.pdf
MA Fine Art (UAL Scholarship) 2004-2005, Central Saint Martin’s College of Art and Design, Byam Shaw
BA (hons), Fine Art (2.1) 2001-2004, Central Saint Martin’s College of Art and Design
2007 – present: Subjectivity and Feminisms research group – based at Chelsea College of Art. http://www.subjectivityandfeminisms.org.uk/
2016 – present: National Association of Fine Art Education (NAFAE)